Wednesday, January 2, 2013

19 Weeks and Gender Reveal


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 19 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby J is about the size of a large heirloom tomato; 6 inches long; 8 1/2 ounces (actually weighed 9 oz at the doc today)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 5.5 lbs.

Maternity Clothes: After almost a month of not wearing work clothes, I realized today I will be pulling out my maternity clothes very soon!  The pants I wore today were way too tight around my belly

Gender: BOY!!!!!!  A bit surprised, but very excited!  I know JJ is too. :)

Movement: Feeling the baby move several times a day, and several movements at a time.  I did find out the placenta is anterior which surprises me I was able to feel movement so early on, but the doc said not to worry if I don't feel movement every day right now.  Further on she said I'll feel it regularly just like last time.  Currently he's feet down facing my back.

Sleep: Sleep has gotten a bit harder because I'm trying to not sleep on my back.  I seem to switch sides a lot throughout the night.

What I miss: Nothing

Cravings: Those old school wafer cookies, the ones that are layered with creme.  Especially the strawberry ones.

Symptoms:  My stomach has been hurting the past few days, not crampy or upset, just almost sore and tight.  Not sure that's a great description either though.  That kink in my back has been gone for several days.  Just tonight my boobs started to itch.  Weird.

Best Moment this week: Finding out that we are having a little boy!  We all were in the ultrasound again today and it was a nice long appointment as the tech got all the measurements she needed.  She said everything looked great, we heard the baby's heartbeat twice, and saw the goods.  JJ's face sure lit up when he heard the news (I think he was tending to Chloe when the picture first popped up on the screen).


1 comment:

  1. That is so fun that you're having a little boy! I can't believe you're almost halfway there already. Wow!

    ReplyDelete