Wednesday, January 16, 2013

21 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 21 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby J is about the length of a carrot; 10 1/2 inches long; ¾ of a pound

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 5 lbs.

Maternity Clothes: I finally broke out the maternity clothes over the weekend, got them all washed, and have been wearing the pants to work this week.

Gender: Boy

Movement: Still feeling slight movements a few times a day, but not too often yet.  Still very low kicks which makes me think he’s breech

Sleep: Sleep has been a bit tough.  My throat has been really dry (see symptoms) and JJ’s schedule has been way off, not coming to bed till 4 am or later.  I always wake up throughout the night if he’s not in bed.  Then when he is in bed, he’s been snoring really loud which keeps me from being able to fall asleep.  Then my mind starts wandering and I can’t shut it off.  Being a little more careful when I roll from side to side so I don’t pull anything.

What I miss: Nothing really.

Cravings: I’ve eaten ice cream a few times in the last week, haven’t had it in quite a while.

Symptoms:  Dry throat!  I don’t remember this before, but my throat gets so dry especially during the night.  Drinking something and even chewing gum doesn’t seem to help.  It almost gags me during my sleep.  Had a day of a sore belly again, but overall the symptoms aren’t too bad.

Best Moment this week:  Nothing big happened this week really.  Still trying to come up with a list of names we like.  Why do boy names have to be so hard?



3 comments:

  1. Wow, it's crazy you're already 21 weeks!! So exciting your little boy will be here in just a few months! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so many things,

    first I keep forgetting to check this, but I will do better!
    you look great, your bump has really popped, that is one thing I miss about pregnancy, the belly and the kicks!!!!!!
    boy names a re sooooo hard, we could only agree on 1 we liked, Camden
    I hope sleep gets better

    Agh more than half way there!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad I remembered to check this. It has been a few weeks!

    Boy names are so so hard. We have 1 that we like and the longer it is the more common it becomes...ugh!

    I can't believe you are halfway!

    ReplyDelete