Wednesday, January 30, 2013

23 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 23 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby J is about the size of a large mango; more than 11 inches long; just over a pound

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 12 pounds (holy cow – at this point in my pregnancy with Chloe I had only gained 6 pounds!  But I did start about 6 pounds heavier so maybe it all equals out)

Maternity Clothes: A mix of both, but I’ve been wearing all maternity pants lately.

Gender: Boy!

Movement: A regular occurrence, although there have been a few days when the evening rolls around and I realize I haven’t felt him much/at all.  Then as soon as I think that, he starts kicking away.  I love that.

Sleep: Not my best week.  Have to be careful rolling over already (I forgot it started this early on) and just keep waking up a lot during the night.  Haven’t had to get up to go to the bathroom though.

What I miss: Getting up from either laying down or sitting down quickly and easily.

Cravings: We might have made another pan of brownies this week…

Symptoms:  I had one day of bad stomach pain, but that’s it.  I’m excited I don’t have the rash I developed this time during my pregnancy with Chloe – I’m hoping that stays away.  The dry throat continues and I think that’s part of my problem sleeping.

Best Moment this week:  These are hard to come up with.  We aren’t getting the nursery ready, we have a lot of gear already, so there isn’t a whole lot of prep work to be done.  The biggest thing is picking out baby boy’s name which we are no closer to coming up with than we were weeks ago.  If I had to pick one I would say JJ getting to feel the baby more regularly.  And seeing my stomach move on the outside now when he kicks.


3 comments:

  1. Every week I can't get over how cute your bump is! Abd 23 weeks, it's going by fast! What does Big Sister think of your bump? I am excited to see your nursery. I love nursery pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks! I feel like it takes on a different shape every week; flatter some weeks, more round others. She doesn't acknowledge it too much unless we say "give the baby a kiss." Now she lifts up my shirt, kisses my belly, then pulls my shirt back down.

    I'm kinda bummed about the nursery at this point. I have a lot of ideas I want to do, but I think we are going to hold off on doing anything in this house just yet in hopes that we move shortly after baby boy is here. Then I just hope I have enough energy to pull off all the ideas I've got! I'm with you though, I love nursery pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss these?! You look great lady. And a boy? That's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete