Wednesday, March 13, 2013

29 Weeks

 

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 29 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby J is the size of a butternut squash; a tad over 15 inches long; about 2 1/2 pounds

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 15 lbs.

Maternity Clothes: I’m loving my new loot of maternity clothes JJ’s mom brought!  As I went through the bag of clothes, I thought they were all really cute, but surely they were too big to fit me.  Um, nope.  They fit perfect.  Not sure what that says about my size, but I’m happy with having a new wardrobe to choose from!

Gender: Boy!

Movement: This little boy is on the move.  The timing of his movements are still a bit unpredictable.  Lately he’s been very active late morning, and then during the night, plus random times throughout the day.  I’ve felt the hiccups at least once more and JJ felt them too.

Sleep: Dare I say sleep was a little better this week?  I think it’s because I changed up the pillow situation.  We have numerous pillows on our bed, but now I sleep with one harder pillow between my legs, one soft feather pillow under my belly, and the other soft feather pillow under my head.  It’s a bit cumbersome when I have to roll over, but I’m getting better sleep so that’s all that matters.

What I miss: Nothing

Cravings: I can’t believe I’ve forgotten to mention this each week, but ice!!  I craved it with Chloe, kind of cut back on eating it after she was born, and then started up again shortly after I found out I was pregnant.  I’ve heard eating ice is a sign of low iron, that’s why I was just sure I was going to get a call from the doc saying I needed to at least take an iron supplement.

Symptoms: After going to the auto show last week, I think my back hurt worse than it’s hurt so far this pregnancy.  It was really low so I had JJ rub it with a tennis ball.  By morning it seemed to be better.  The stomach pains have been good this week, nothing to report there.

Best Moment this week: Passing my glucose test!  I honestly can’t believe I did, but I am SOOO happy that I don’t have to take the 3-hour test!



2 comments:

  1. I chomp on ice when pregnant too but have never had low iron. What a random craving isn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you passed your blood test! That is wonderful! Happy to hear your sleep has been better. You are getting so close to the end!

    ReplyDelete