Wednesday, March 20, 2013

30 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 30 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby J is the size of a head of cabbage; 15.7 inches long; almost 3 pounds

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 18 lbs

Maternity Clothes: Pretty much all maternity

Gender: Boy!

Movement: The hiccups have continued and I even got a video the other day of my belly bouncing with each hiccup.  His (now I know) feet have really jabbed me a few times in the ribs.  They aren’t painful necessarily, but if I’m sitting in such a way that I’m bent over, I have to sit up straight or lean back so he doesn’t do it again.  He is still pretty active during the night.

Sleep: I toss and turn all night long.  Taking my three pillows along with me each time I roll over.  I desperately wish I could sleep on my back, and often do for a while propped up with pillows.

What I miss: Sleeping through the night.

Cravings: Ice, almonds.  I used to hate almonds but now I can eat them by the handful.

Symptoms: I cleaned our bedroom this past weekend and I was paying for it later with a sore back.  I also have noticed the forgetfulness kicking in – I misplaced my debit card for a few days, then finally realized I put it in my pants pocket.  I was just glad I hadn’t called to cancel the card yet!  The dry mouth continues.  Another thing (and I have no idea if this is pregnancy related or not) but my wedding rings are starting to slip off my fingers.  I’m close to taking them off so I don’t lose them, which I hate to do, but I thought my fingers were supposed to swell and get bigger, not the other way around.

Best Moment this week: Watching our boy in 3D at our appointment last Friday.  It makes it so much more real to see his face and watch him move around.  I am also getting closer with nailing down a (simple) design for the nursery and I’m anxious to get started on it.  We also scheduled our newborn photo shoot!

Side note: I asked for the results of my blood test at my doctor's appointment today.  My iron was 113 and they want it over 110.  My blood sugar was 132 and they want it under 135.  Whew!  It was close, but I passed and that's all that matters! :)



2 comments:

  1. Ah, the home stretch! THat is really odd about your rings! My fingers get so fat toward the end and I have this fake band that I wear because I feel so awkward without my rings on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I didn't have this problem last time, or ever before. Strange!

      Delete