Wednesday, March 6, 2013

28 Weeks

 

Pregnancy Highlights:

I said this last time, and it still stands true…Holy crap, I’m already in the 3rd trimester!  How did this happen so quickly?!

How Far Along: 28 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby J is the size of a Chinese cabbage; 14.8 inches long; almost 2 1/4 pounds

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 15 pounds

Maternity Clothes: JJ’s mom is coming to stay with us later this week and is bringing me some new maternity clothes.  I’m anxious to add a few more things to my wardrobe because I feel like I’m wearing the same things over and over.  Can still wear some regular clothes, but for the most part I’m in maternity.

Gender: Boy!

Movement: He is definitely making his presence known, especially at night.  A few nights ago, I was lying on my back and my stomach was so lopsided.  That’s the first time it’s happened this pregnancy and I kept showing JJ.  It was also very hard so you could tell something was under there, just don’t know if it was a butt or a head.

Sleep: I need to just take this one off because it depresses me.  I can’t remember the last time I slept through the night and I don’t expect it to change anytime soon (before or after baby’s arrival).  He is more active at night than Chloe was, so if I roll over or readjust, it’s like it wakes him up, then he starts moving and it keeps me up longer.

What I miss: Sleep

Cravings: Oh my gosh, sweets!  I am determined to pass the glucose test that I have today so I quit eating all things sweet and candy on Sunday.  No idea if it helped or not, but when the time comes that I have to start watching my weight for whatever reason, I’m gonna be horrible.  Knowing that I can’t have something makes me want it even more.  You can bet I’m going out for ice cream or a big candy bar after my appointment today!  Even potato chips sound good right about now.

Symptoms: No leg cramps this week which was nice, but one day where I thought I was having BH.  I still don’t have a good idea if that’s what they really are or not because this was more painful.  Most things I read say they aren’t painful, maybe just uncomfortable.  Dry throat.  I think I forgot to mention that last week, but it has not let up yet.  That’s part of the reason I’m not sleeping well b/c I can hardly swallow at night.

Best Moment this week: Scheduling our 3D ultrasound for next week!  Excited to see sweet boy’s face again!

Side note:  I was a bit more nervous about the glucose test today than I thought I would be.  JJ and Chloe met me there and even came back with me for the blood draw.  I got all sweaty and my heart starting beating quick, which hasn't happened the last few times I've had blood drawn.  I just kept looking and talking to Chloe.  JJ was holding my hand, and at one point, Chloe leaned in and held onto my finger too.  So sweet!  The prick was nothing and the guy was done very quickly.  First time I've had a guy do it and he was one of the best.  All that damn anxiety leading up to it is what gets me.  I should know the results of the test tomorrow.  Then the doc met with us, said I measured great at 27 weeks.  I asked if she could tell what position the baby was in, and she said she could try but that the uterine wall was about the thickness of a steak so it might be hard.  After pushing a bit she thinks he's still feet down.  I'm really starting to get bummed about this even though she says he has plenty of time to move around and could move around day to day.  I will do anything to avoid a c-section.  When we left to schedule our next appointment, the lady said "ok, two weeks?"  It totally snuck up on me that we are already to the point where we have appointments every two weeks.  Time needs to slow down!!

 

2 comments:

  1. 3rd triemester? Already? Whaaaaaat? This is going by so fast! Baby boy will be here before you know it Momma! You are still looking so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely have tons of time to help him turn, and your doc is right, he could still be flipping around in there right now. :) Check out http://www.spinningbabies.com/ for ideas of how to optimize your chances of getting him head down as he grows over the next few months!

    ReplyDelete