Thursday, March 28, 2013

31 Weeks



Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 31 Weeks – we are down to the single digits in weeks before we meet little man!!

Size of baby: Baby J is the size of four navel oranges; over 16 inches long; 3.3 pounds

Total Weight Gain/Loss:
18+ lbs.

Maternity Clothes: All maternity. I even tried on a pair of work pants that were maternity yesterday and couldn’t button them! 

Gender: Boy!

Movement: This boy needs to learn that night time is for sleeping.  Oh my gosh, two nights ago I was laying on my side and had JJ put his hand on my belly.  He couldn’t believe how much the baby was moving, and how hard he was kicking.  He said “now I see why you don’t get much sleep!”  Yeah, tell me about it!  He’s had hiccups a few more times, and it seems like if he gets them one day, he’ll get them several times.  I took a bath the other night and was confused by the shape of my belly, now I’m not so sure he’s in the same position he was in at the 3D ultrasound anymore.

Sleep: See above. :) 

What I miss: Sleep.  It’s really starting to wear on me and I can’t believe I still have so long to go. 

Cravings: Ice, raw almonds – which is so weird because I used to hate the taste of almonds.  I’ve been eating these for several weeks now as a snack.

Symptoms: Major pressure/fullness going on down below.  It started last week but I didn’t think much of it.  Except it hasn’t gone away.  Anytime I walk, pick a leg up to get dressed, lift Chloe, basically do anything that involves movement while I’m standing, I feel this pressure.  It's kind of making me start to waddle.  I plan to ask the doctor what that’s about next week.  Still have some back pain when I stand up, but not too bad.  Gosh I feel like all I’m doing in this post is complaining!  I will admit, it’s been harder this time around. 

Best Moment this week: Buying the first piece of furniture for the nursery!  We got a dresser, now we just need some nice weather to be able to paint it.




2 comments:

  1. I was just talking to a friend today about how those last ten weeks feel sooo long. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you look great! Perfect bump going on!

    I keep forgetting to check, in but I am all caught up now!!!!

    Hope you figure out the pain/fullness, that can't be comfortable!

    ReplyDelete