Thursday, April 18, 2013

34 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 34 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby J is the size of an average cantaloupe; almost 18 inches long; 4 ¾ pounds

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 21 lbs.

Maternity Clothes: Yes, with a few regular clothes thrown in here and there.

Gender: Boy!

Movement: This little one is following in his big sister’s footsteps.  Instead of it being a butt that’s digging into my right ribcage, it’s his feet.  And boy does he like to kick!  It amazes me how much room he has access to, especially my right side.  I’ll look down and see where he’s kicking and it looks like it’s coming out of my back it’s so far around!  (Not really, but I forget that he’s not just hanging out in the front).  His movements are constant, doesn’t really seem to favor one time of the day right now.  Hiccups are becoming fairly regular.

Sleep: A new demon to battle this week is acid reflux.  And when looking back on my weekly update with Chloe, this is the same week it started with her also.  I usually eat a cup of ice before bed.  The first night it was just ice, the second night it was ice and a bowl of cereal.  Both nights I had bad acid reflux, and the second night was so bad I ended up sleeping sitting up on the couch.  I took some Tums before bed last night and seemed to do better, but it’s just one more thing to add to my list of why I’m not sleeping well.  I’m also getting hot at night and have started getting up to go to the bathroom.  I probably don’t ‘have’ to, but I’m up and usually moving into the other room anyway, so I might as well go.

What I miss: Having a good night sleep and being able to walk fair distances without pain.

Cravings: Ice, sweets, funnel cake after smelling them at the STL Zoo last week.  Mmmmm!!

Symptoms: Starting to get worn out easier.  Lunch time is a good time to just sit and relax, and take a little snooze if I didn’t have to go back to work.  When I get home, sitting on the couch sounds like the best thing right now.  The pressure is still there, although it’s either not as bad or I’m just getting used to it now.  I couldn’t believe how slow I had to walk at the zoo this past weekend, but then at the Bud.weiser tour I seemed to do better.  The acid reflux is just starting.

Best Moment this week: We finally settled on a name!  Yay!!  I thought this kid was gonna be here before we decided, but after going round and round with two we liked, we have picked our son’s name.

Side note:  At my doctor’s appointment today she asked when the last time was we did an ultrasound.  I told her we haven’t done one since we found out the gender around 19 weeks.  I was seeing flashbacks of Chloe though…she said I was measuring small and wanted to do an ultrasound at my next appointment to do a weight check.  When that happened with Chloe (granted I was further along) she was here two days later.  I sure hope this boy stays in a lot longer though because we are SO NOT READY!!  At 34 weeks they like to see me measuring between 32 and 36 and I was measuring 32.  We also will do the Group B strep test next week and she will start checking my cervix.  Already?!  Seems early, but I guess we are getting closer and closer to this little guy’s big day!



2 comments:

  1. Group B strep is good for 5 weeks, which is why most docs will wait until 37 weeks to do it - that way it's good up until 42 weeks (the max most docs will let you go). You might want to ask why they're going to do it early so you don't have to get it REdone if you go over 40 weeks.

    Getting close now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lord, I HOPE I don't go past my due date! I'll definitely ask the doc today at my appointment though, thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete