Wednesday, April 24, 2013

35 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 35 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby J is the size of a honeydew; over 18 inches long; 5 1/4 pounds

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 21+ lbs.

Maternity Clothes: Yep, with a few regular shirts and pants here and there.

Gender: Boy!

Movement: He still likes to kick my right ribs.  I often feel a slow, hard push up high between my ribs, I’m guessing it’s his butt.  That is a weird sensation.  Also have felt more pressure in my own butt (tmi, haha) when he moves and also against my bladder.  For the most part his movements are slowing down but occasionally I’ll get a quick kick.

Sleep: Not good.  The acid reflux hasn’t been an issue anymore which has helped, but I have been getting up to go to the bathroom every few nights when I’m awake anyway and most likely heading into the guest bedroom.

What I miss: Sleep and feeling useful.  There are things I want to do around the house, yard work for instance and I cant without feeling like shit afterwards.  We mowed the grass and cut back the roses on Sunday and that evening I felt the worse I’ve felt this entire pregnancy.  I was so worried that I was going into labor that’s how uncomfortable I was, and of course JJ was getting ready to go to work leaving me at home alone with Chloe.

Cravings: Ice, sweets, almonds

Symptoms: Fatigue is back, running out of breath easier, and I am convinced now that I am having BH contractions.  Luckily Sunday night when they were at their worst, if I would lay down, everything would calm down.  Still trying to get some exercise on the days when the weather has actually been decent, but we don’t go quite as far and I don’t walk nearly as fast as everyone else.  Same dry throat and pressure week after week.

Best Moment this week: I need to take this one off, I feel like we are at a standstill right now as far as getting the house prepared.  We are doing some major cleaning later this week and weekend though so I hope to finally move furniture into the nursery after that.  The crib has come in and we got to see the rest of our maternity photos!  That was probably the best moment!

Side note:  Well I went in for my weekly appointment today, but after waiting an hour and still not seeing the doctor, I left.  That buys me another week for the Group B Strep test as Josey commented on last week, and I didn’t have to endure a “check.”  My appointment did start off with an ultrasound though so at least I got to see the babe.  He is measuring right on track at 35w1d and weighing 5 lbs, 7 ounces.  He is still head down (yay!) and I hope he stays that way.



7 comments:

  1. I swear our bellies are the same and I am only 24 weeks, you look so good!! I know this last few weeks can pass slowly, keep those feet up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, you look great and no way do our bellies look the same!

      Delete
  2. You are still looking so good! You are one of those lucky ones who rocks it the whole pregnancy. It is crazy how close you are! Hopefully he cooks a bit more but he could come at anytime now! Crazy! I am excited to see the nursery too. Your maternity pictures came out so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! I know...as I was going back through all my weekly pictures I just sat there and told JJ I can't believe we are already at 35 weeks. Chloe was born at 38 so who knows what's going to happen with this baby. We have GOT to get a move on preparation!

      Delete
  3. I read 35w and thought how in the WOLRD are you that close already?! So exciting!
    Good for you for walking out after an hour - how annoying. You can always decline cervical checks you know - I only allowed one at 37w b/c my curiosity got the best of me. :) Other than that I just declined - doesn't help anything, and all I've heard about is how painful they are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea how I am that close, but each week that passes I get a little more nervous that we really haven't done anything to prepare! This weekend has been labeled "clean out shit and get organized NOW!" so hopefully this time next week, we will actually have a crib and dresser in the nursery. Then I'll feel a little better. And we need to buy a car seat. Kind of need one of those. :) I didn't know that about declining the checks, but I think I'd rather know how I'm progressing too. I'm not looking forward to the pain though, but if I remember right, it's just during the check, and all is well afterwards...I think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously can not believe you are this close to having your little boy! I am so excited for you. You are looking great!

    ReplyDelete