Wednesday, April 3, 2013

32 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 32 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby J is the size of a large jicama; about 16.7 inches long; 3.75 pounds

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 19 lbs.

Maternity Clothes: Yep, although I do have on a regular pair of pants today.

Gender: Boy!

Movement: His movements have gotten stronger and have hurt on a few occasions.  Something is pressing right up against my ribs, so when I’m sitting down and he moves, it’s not comfortable.  I took a few videos in the last week of my belly; once when he had the hiccups and once when he was just going crazy.  I swear, if people just watched my stomach for any length of time when he was going crazy they’d think I have an alien in me!

Sleep: Same 'ol.  I seem to be going to bed later and getting up earlier.  I just know I won’t get a good night’s sleep, so I have stopped trying.

What I miss: Sleeping through the night, being able to move around easy, and helping in general.  My dad moved last week and I just felt totally helpless not being able to do anything.

Cravings: Ice, sweets.

Symptoms: Back pain has gotten a bit worse, but it’s very hit and miss.  Dry throat has continued, I don’t think I’ve mentioned that for a few weeks.  The pressure/fullness is still there too.

Best Moment this week: Getting our maternity pictures taken!  I can’t wait to see how they all turn out, but it could take up to four weeks.  Boo.

Side note:  At my doctor’s appointment this week I asked about the fullness.  At first she said it was my pubic bone stretching and moving.  That the first pregnancy it’s nice and strong, supports the baby well, and any subsequent pregnancies it gets weaker and worse and the baby settles lower.  But when she pushed on my lower abdomen asking if that’s where I felt it, I told her no it was even lower, like on the outside.  And I mentioned that it’s kind of making me start to waddle some.  That’s when she said I bet it’s vulvar varicose veins.  It’s just what it sounds like – varicose veins in the vulva or labia which are dilated and cause the fullness.  She said most likely things will go back to normal after delivery, but it sounds like this symptom is something that’s here to stay until the end.

Side Note Two:  After looking at my full body shots week after week, I feel like he's definitely dropped since Week 30.  Either that and/or I got quite a bit bigger this week.  

(I had just scratched my back and stomach so it looks like I have stretch marks, but luckily - knock on wood - I don't have any...yet)

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your maternity pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the cutest pregnant lady ever. :) I so hope it works out to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I keep forgetting to add you to my list of blogs I follow - I am doing that today. Sorry I haven't stopped by... I kept forgetting :(
    You are so adorable! Love the pregnant belly :)
    Only a few weeks left until your baby boy arrives! Boys LOVE their mamas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, you look way too cute. I feel like a whale!

    ReplyDelete