Wednesday, May 8, 2013

37 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 37 Weeks – FULL TERM!!

Size of baby: Baby J is the size of a stalk of Swiss chard; over 19 inches long; 6 1/3 pounds

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 23 lbs.

Maternity Clothes: I swear I have been going through my maternity wardrobe each week and wear the same things over and over.  It’s finally starting to warm up so I can put a few long sleeve shirts away and pull out some “new” short sleeve shirts.

Gender: Boy!

Movement: This boy is really starting to show how strong he is.  He can stick his butt up and out into my ribs and it is so freaking uncomfortable!  The kicks in my right ribs still happen, but between his butt up high in the middle and his feet off to the right, those are the only movements I’m feeling.  And the hiccups, can’t forget them.

Sleep: I am doing good to average about 4-5 hours a night.  My normal is about 8-9 hours a night, so it’s been a bit of an adjustment.  The heartburn has played a factor a few nights, and my mind just won’t shut off because we have so much to do.  I lie in bed thinking about how much we still have to get done in the house, how we have to get this room and this room just right before we can even begin on the nursery (um hello, yes I am 37 weeks pregnant and our nursery still looks like a guestroom).  Then I have started thinking about the logistics of how are we going to get to the hospital and Chloe wherever she needs to go?  These are the things that keep me up at 3:00 in the morning, while I’m lying in bed in the guestroom because JJ has been snoring too loud to sleep next to.  Oh, the Tyle.nol PM seemed to help the first night, and did nothing the second.  Damn.

What I miss: Can I say everything?  I never thought I would say this and honestly hated when people asked me with Chloe “are you ready to be done being pregnant?”  My answer, in my head, was hell no!!  I fought too hard for this to just be over.  But this time, I kind of want to say it.  I miss being able to go for walks, I miss being able to go to the grocery store and shop for my family.  No joke when I went this past week, about halfway through I had to walk hunched over the cart the entire time, had to keep stopping, and I thought I was either going to puke or pass out in the checkout line from pain.  I contemplated ditching the cart numerous times.  I miss sleeping through the night, I miss having a lap to let Chloe sit on, I miss being able to move around normal and not feel like I’m waddling.

Cravings: Ice, sweets, fruit

Symptoms: Heartburn a few times, major stomach cramps if I do too much, and by too much, I mean any activity where I’m standing or moving around for more than 10 minutes.  Dry throat, snoring at night.

Best Moment this week: We finally (yay) have two cribs in our house!  Even though one of them is in its box in the hallway, at least we are making some progress and heading in the right direction.  We didn’t hit our deadline of getting the nursery finished yesterday, but…this week.  This week I tell ya! :)  We got the dresser all finished too, so now we just have to make room for them in the nursery and we can start calling it that – a nursery.  Because poor baby boy is stuck in a room the size of a closet so that’s about all we can fit in there, and maybe squeeze in the glider from Chloe’s room.  We missed our hospital pre-registration and tour last Thursday due to snow (freaking snow in May!) otherwise that probably would have been my best moment this week.

Side note:  Check out this post here on my other blog for an update on how my doctor's appointment went today.  There is a possibility I might be induced this Friday.  This! Friday!











4 comments:

  1. You look so so awesome! It is so hard being preggo when you alaready have a child. Hard on your body, you can't rest when you want & you don't have time to get things done. You sound like you are checking a few things off you to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so I feel HORRIBLE that I never figured out you had another blog. UGH. I totally would have commented on EVERY post here too! Sorry I am so spacey, I remember you saying you were posting pictures on a seperate page, but never went farther than that. SO sorry!
    Anyways, you look terrific! I remember with Aiden loving every moment of my pregnancy, even when I threw up constantly. This time around, I feel more uncomfortable and just ready to be done and I'm only 20 weeks! I'm tired all the time, feel huge, and know what lies ahead...pushing a baby out! I know you and I will both do great, women have had multiple kids and survived/thrived, but it's still difficult. The added stress for you of not feeling prepared and lowish fluid doesn't help either. Hang in there Steph, you are going to be a great mommy to 2 kids and your little man will be so loved, regardless if he sleeps in his crib or if it's still in a box when he is born :-)

    ReplyDelete