Wednesday, May 22, 2013

39 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 39 Weeks

Size of baby: Drake is the size of a mini watermelon; about 20 inches long; over 7 pounds

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 23.4 lbs.  no gain or loss this week

Maternity Clothes: Yes, a majority of the time although this past week I did wear an entire outfit that was not maternity.

Gender: Boy!

Movement: His movements have definitely slowed down, I’m sure because he’s running out of room.  I still get the occasional jab, but mostly it feels like he’s doing slow somersaults in there.

Sleep: Still not good.  The dry mouth seems to have eased up a bit, but it is nearly impossible for me to roll over.  I go from one side, to a sitting up position by propping myself up on my elbows, then sitting up (which always involves pain), then sitting there for a minute, and finally rolling over and laying back down on the other side.  I’ve slept on the couch a few nights and that makes my neck hurt.

What I miss: Feeling good, like my normal self.  I hate to say this, but I am ready to be done with this pregnancy.  It has certainly not been as easy as my first.

Cravings: Ice, sweets, fruit

Symptoms: What do I not have?  Basically it’s just being uncomfortable.  I’m having BH and full blown contractions daily, but they aren’t getting me anywhere.  I’m getting frustrated b/c just when I think this is it, like how it was with Chloe, things will calm down and go back to normal.  My body is teasing me.  I can hardly get up from a sitting or laying down position, I feel like I’m leaning really far back when I walk just to balance out the weight up front, the dry throat is still there just not as bad, I’ve been burping more this week.  Knock on wood the acid reflux and heartburn have not been bad at all this time around.

Best Moment this week: Finishing the nursery!  I can’t tell you what a relief it is having that room done.  I know he won’t be using it to sleep in for the first few months, but we still plan to do all diaper changes, outfit changes, and some feeding in the glider in there.  It just makes me feel better that it’s complete.

Side note:  I can’t believe I’m even writing this post.  I thought for sure he’d be here by now.  Many of the girls who were due around the same time as me have already had their babies and here I am still pregnant.  I am trying so so hard to hold my belly and feel these last movements and enjoy them, but I am just ready to have him in my arms.  Get my body back to normal and be able to function like I used to.

So onto my doctor's appointment...I had the ultrasound done first to check my fluid.  It was 12; best it's been since we started checking.  It makes me think that initial check that showed low fluid was just a fluke.  Once I met with the doctor she mentioned the induction and I asked her if we should move forward with it or not.  She said it was my call.  I was so torn on what to do.  The pros were that I am very uncomfortable and ready to have this baby, being able to schedule care for Chloe is a huge plus (JJ's mom isn't able to watch her anymore), and the fact that I've had it in my head for days that this is happening on Friday.  The cons were that I'm not far enough along that I could go in Friday morning; she wanted me in Thursday night.  I'm dilated to a 2.  So that means an extra night away from home and Chloe, I'm not further along like I hoped, plus just the increased risks associated with inductions when I haven't even hit my due date yet.  After talking to JJ about it, we've decided to hold off on the induction and see if he comes on his own.  If he still isn't here by next Friday, we'll induce then - that will put me at 40w2d.


2 comments:

  1. Looking good Momma! I am so happy to hear that you are going to hold off on the induction as of now. I went into labor with both of my pregnancies at 40w 2d. It is wonderful that your fluid is back up. Everything sounds great (except the normal pregnancy aches & pains).

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look great! hope he comes soon!

    ReplyDelete