Wednesday, May 15, 2013

38 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 38 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby J is the size of a leek; over 19 1/2 inches long; 6.8 pounds

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 23.4 lbs.

Maternity Clothes: I think winter is finally behind us as we are in the 80’s (and 90’s) all week.  Can I just say it’s been a blessing the hot weather has held off this long?  I am in pretty much all maternity clothes.

Gender: Boy!

Movement: He’s still moving, but I do think he’s calmed down a bit this last week.  He doesn’t move as much during the night.  Every once in a while it’s like he is really crammed for space and doesn’t like the position he’s in, and will kick me a good five or six times in the same spot making my belly really jump.

Sleep: At this point I just can’t get comfortable.  Rolling from one side to the other takes about five minutes, and usually involves me sitting up in bed for a minute, him “falling” into a different position, and me laying back down again.  I’m sure it’s a sight to see.

What I miss: Feeling like a young, healthy person who doesn’t get winded walking up a flight of stairs.  Sleeping through the night.

Cravings: Ice, ice, and more ice.  Can’t get enough of it.  I hope this goes away once he’s here b/c I’m sure I’m annoying JJ eating it constantly.

Symptoms: The pressure down below seems to have gotten a little worse and I really thought I was going into labor last week. It was last Wednesday I’m pretty sure, and as I was driving home the contractions were pretty painful, and fairly regular.  I had my cervix checked earlier that day so maybe that was part of it.  But the contractions/BH contractions have definitely picked up.  I didn’t have that with Chloe.  Dry throat – what’s new.

Best Moment this week: Oh my gosh, we have a second nursery in our house!!!  Once JJ’s mom left on Friday we were able to move the guest bedroom furniture downstairs, and JJ put the crib together.  Can I just say how weird it is to see two cribs in my house??  I have been working as much as I can on the little decorating we are doing.  I hope to have it finished tonight – just need JJ’s help hanging two pictures, two shelves, and a mirror.  Then I can say the nursery is done!  Then it will be onto organizing the gobs of little boys clothes we have and putting them away.  We also did our pre-registration and tour at the hospital.  So two big things were crossed off our list this week!

Side Note:  Well, we made it to my appointment today!  Baby’s heart rate is good, I’m still at a 1.  Measured small again so they checked fluid, which I assume they will do now at each appointment.  I’m kind of liking all these sonos towards the end, even though he won’t ever show us his face.  Today his little fingers were grabbing onto the back of his neck.  Anyway, she was having a hard time finding a pocket of fluid to measure at first which had me nervous (going into today I just had a feeling everything was going to be fine) but she finally got some measurements.  It was 7.3.  So slightly lower than last Friday but higher than the 5 they are worried about.  The doc had to go to surgery so she was to call me after talking with the sonographer.  We have a plan - I will go in for another fluid check on Friday.  If all looks good, I will go to my normal appointment next Wednesday.  If all looks good then, they will induce me next Friday.  So either way, we will meet our son in 9 days or less! 



1 comment:

  1. You look great!! I can't believe you are this far along already! Did it seem to fly by so much faster the second time around? I seriously feel like you were just saying that you were pregnant! Ugh, I totally remember those sleepless nights when I was pregnant with Ben and Mia and all the effort it took just to roll over and readjust- so miserable!
    Glad to hear your appointment went well, he'll be here so soon! I can't wait to see pics :)
    PS. It's fun to scroll down through these pics really fast, I think you should make them into a flip book! :)

    ReplyDelete