Wednesday, May 1, 2013

36 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 36 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby J is the size of a Crenshaw melon; over 18 ½ inches long; almost 6 pounds

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 22 lbs. I only gained .8 lbs in the last two weeks. 

Maternity Clothes: Yes, and a few non-maternity clothes here and there.  I feel like wearing heels at work helps my posture; I don’t seem to waddle nearly as much if at all if I have heels on.

Gender: Boy!

Movement: He is back to being a mover...and a kicker!  Man can that boy kick!  He likes to kick, which forces his butt to jut out and sometimes even moves his head all at the same time.  That makes for a weird sensation and also a weird shape that my belly contorts to.

Sleep: Same – I would have to say this week was a little better.  My throat wasn't quite as dry so I felt like I went longer periods sleeping throughout the night.  The doctor OK'd taking Tylenol PM so I took one tonight and am curious to see if it makes a difference.

What I miss: A good night's sleep, moving around normal and not hurting if I do too much.  Being able to play on the floor with Chloe or go for walks around the neighborhood with the family.

Cravings: Ice, sweets, almonds

Symptoms: It's hard to get up in the morning, get tired during the day, but then tend to stay up later than normal at night because I know no matter what time I go to bed, I'll probably only get about five hours of sleep.  The doctor noticed a little bit of swelling in my feet.  I have major cramping if I do too much, and by too much, I mean hardly anything.  I could be making dinner for Chloe and cleaning up the kitchen and have to sit down.  Our walks around the neighborhood are definitely shorter.  We cleaned this past weekend and just a little bit of bending over sent me to a chair to sit down real quick.  The cramps are so strong, but luckily let up after I've sat down for a few minutes.  Still having some BH. Pressure seems to be a bit worse but I think it goes hand in hand with the cramps.

Best Moment this week: Finally making some progress in getting the nursery ready.  We did some major cleaning and have set a deadline to at least have the guestroom furniture out and the nursery furniture in by next Tuesday. 

Side Note: I had my appointment today.  Doctor said everything checked out good with the ultrasound last week and that he's measuring in the 37th percentile, which is just fine with me.  I also measured 35 weeks so that was good.  She did the Group B Strep test and checked my cervix.  It's closed but nice and soft in her words.  She could feel the baby's head through tissue and just confirmed that he is head down.  I asked if she had any vacations scheduled for the month and she mentioned a day here and there, mainly around mother's day.  I was just asking to see if she'd be around closer to our due date.  She said in a week or two we could talk induction if I wanted which they schedule for Fridays but I don't plan to go that route.  Just weird to even be having that conversation.  And as she left the room she said "if I don't see you before, I'll see you next week!"  It makes it so much more real to hear her say that.  Also, I got my first "are you about to pop" comment this week. :)


2 comments:

  1. As always, you look great! Nothing but baby belly. You are getting so close! Eek & yay! Lol! I hope you are going to do a post showing the nursery!

    ReplyDelete